Tuesday, December 21, 2004

reflections

just came back from picking my grandma and my brother up from golden mile. they went to genting with some of my other relatives and just got back to singapore. sent my grandma to my aunt's place (where she lives), which is just opposite side of the road.

hmm the thought just struck me on how much things have changed. 16 years ago my grandma was staying with my family and i recall how she used to comb my hair with brylcreme before sending me to the PAP kindergarden near my old house. and stuff like buying back lunch from the coffeeshop down the street.

when i was young i was really naughty. quarrelled with her over the tv (cause she always seems to be watching chinese programmes tt i understand NUTS about at tt age; whilst i would prefer cartoons, which i presume she wouldn't really understand). haha. alot of funny things happened lar. but anyway i guess things did work out.

oh i just love my grandma.

but now she's a frail old lady. probably her smoking habits in the past would have something to do with it. on the way back i tried striking up a conversation with her, but guessed it stopped short after a few sentences for lack of topic. and as i was driving along i just saw a reversal of roles between the 2 of us. the woman who used to take care of me was now having me send her home and taking care of her.

and immediately i felt this fuzzy feeling within. i was brought to the realisation of how time flies. really. how fast time flies.

i've always told myself how much i've wanted time to pass quickly so tt i could grow up quick. somehow i was always fascinated with the thought of being finacially independent and being able to see the REAL world. it just seemed so exciting and was beckoning in a rhythm so hypnotic.

but right now, i just want to go back to the times when life was so much simpler. when text books were 50 pages thick and relationships were just a difference between "friend", "good-friend", "bestest-friend" and "enemy". nicely categorised and clearly demarcated. and nothing could be simpler than tt.

right now i just yearn to go back and relive those moments. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home