Wednesday, December 15, 2004

lonely in the northern hemisphere

oh yay found the lyrics for gu dan bei ban qiu. but cannot find them in chinese.. so it's all hanyu pinyin. since i feel it's really more meaningful when i read out the lyrics, thought i'ld translate it into english for easier reading! :) haha so sweet. the lyrics writer is a genius.

Yong wo de wan an pei ni chi zhao can
Let my "goodnight" be there for you when u have your breakfast,

Ji de ba xiang nian chun zai pu man
I'll remember to put all my thoughts of you into my piggy bank.

Wo wang zhe man tian xing zai shan
Looking at a night full of twinkling stars

Ting niu lang dui zhe nu shuo yao yong gan
I hear cow-herd telling the weaver-girl to be strong.

Bei pa wo men zai di qiu de liang duan
Don't be afraid, though we may be on opposite sides of the world,

Kan wo de wen hou Qi zhe mo tan
Because my concern for you will take a magic carpet

Fei yong guang shu fei dao Ni mian qian
and fly at the speed of light right to you,

Yao ni neng kan dao shi zi xing you bei ji xing zhou ban
So that you'll know Leo will always have the North Star for company.

Sao le wo de shou bei dang zhen tou ni xi bu xi guan
Well, i hope u've got used to not having my shoulder for a pillow,

Ni de wang yuan jing wang bu dao wo bei ban qiu de gu dan
Your telescope will never be able to see my loneliness over here.

Tai ping yang de chao shui gen zhe di qiu lai hui xuan zhuan
Just as the tide of the Pacific follows the cycle of the earth turning,

Wo hui nai xin de deng sui shi huan ying ni kao an
I'll wait patiently for your return any time.

Sao le wo de huai bao dang nuan nu Ni xi bu xi guan
Hope u're used to not having my hugs for a blanket,

E gei ni zhao pian kan bu dao wo bei ban qiu de gu dan
The photos that i sent you can never express my loneliness.

Shi jie zai da liang ke zhen xin jiu neng
But no matter how big the world may be, 2 true hearts for each other

Hu xiang qu nuan
Will draw warmth from each other

Xiang nian bu hui tou lan
My thoughts and concern for you will never cease

Wo de meng tong tong ge ni bao guan
And i'll leave all my dreams with you for keepsake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home