Saturday, February 12, 2005

comfort over coffee

just came back from 'supper' with han, p, eugene and zw. well, it was originally a coffee break at 9pm, but we actually shared and fellowshiped all the way until about 12. yup, it was quite enjoyable. went to this coffee place at cine, 2nd floor.

something p told me on a previous occasion seemed all so true to me - tt i've got too little company of brothers and sisters (in christ). i think tt's probably something tt's causing me much problems. having godly companions help you to live a life tt's christ centered. tt's a life tt i'ld call undiluted.

just like how christians are encouraged to marry within their faith. cause it'll "save alot of heartache", quote andy.

but i'ld suppose it's the encouragement and mentality checks, fellowship and sharing tt's really so remarkable and precious. both shoulders to cry on, both arms to comfort, both ears to listen, a heart to love, and person to rejoice with. yup. it's really what i want. and tt's what's given to me when i was in my saddest moments... these are my 'church friends'.

i remember previously, i didn't like the idea of 'inbreeding'. but more and more each day i think the way to go is to SURROUND myself with godly fellowship. i've been hurt too many times liao lar, and every single time i'ld run back to 'church friends'.

ok, anyway, a take home message for me was a quote, "if i lived 25 yrs, i would want to spent my first 20 yrs in preparation." well, this will be my life. as pointed out just now, jesus spent 30 years in preparation for his 3.5 yrs of ministry too mar.

but in no way am i trying to imply superiority to my friends who're non-believers. i really love them alot too, but it's just different. hope they wouldn't feel insulted. i think, something like what zj's been doing. i used to think it's not a good testimony for him to be so recluse, but i think maybe tt's how it should be. only difference is tt it should be a whole group of us together. which is like our cg grouping, me, kim and zj. whoah, i'm starting o feel excited. :)

---

by a stroke of 'luck' i found tt i got "you gave" album w/o buying it. apparently my brother's teacher attends ncc too (in fact i met her once last time) and she handed my brother the cd to listen to. and i only found out today tt she has been handing my brother sermon cds too! i mean, i'm quite shocked. pleasantly surprised actually. i think it's impt for alex to know abt grace.

---

oh yes, forgot to mention, my new phone is TOTALLY paid for by my dad. yay. i was saving up for the phone till today, scrimping on this and tt. haha, like on meals in sch etc. i've never really saved for anything, usually is spend first, consequences later. but this round i wanted to save every single $ to pay for my own phone. but my dad told me to keep my card, and insisted tt he pay for it. yippee. thanks dad. whee~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home