Monday, March 15, 2004

there was a man who was depressed because of the problems around him and cried out to God, "God, how much do u love me?"

"I love u this much, son...", and He stretched out His hands towards the man, and pressed His nail-pierced hands against mine.

"I love u this much."

----

some of us may have read a similar passage just like the one above before, and the one here ends slightly differently from the original passage.

it ended with God's reply of stretching out His hands wide and dying on the cross saying, "this much."

yesterday night a friend asked me, "can u remind me how much God loves me?"

i thought for a moment, and turned the question to God, "God, how much do You love me?"

His reply was different from what i had read before in the original passage. He reached out to me and pressed His nailed-pierced hands against mine, and i could feel the scars left by the nails as He held His hands in mine.

you know, through all the pain and agony as He hung on the cross, He didn't for a moment let me slip out of His hands... God always yearned to hold me close to Him at all times. He's just waiting to love us, if only we'll let Him.

and tt's the passion of Christ. such wondrous love. i'll really never understand tt love. i'll never understand it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home