Tuesday, May 17, 2005

please let me be there for you

i heard this story some time ago, suddenly reminded of it today and i decided to blog it. also did a google on a song and found it can be heard here, going under the new jersey album (2nd one) and selecting 'i'll be there for you'

there was once this little primary school boy who fell in love with a pretty girl in his primary school. he really really loved her and for those few months she was everything to him.of course, there was all the sweet silly things like not eating for months so tt he could buy her chocolates and flowers.

the part of the story tt striked me the most was when bon jovi was coming to town and the girl wanted to go for it. her family was well-to-do and she bought her tickets immediately. the little boy couldn't save enough to buy the tickets to the concert despite all lunches tt he went hungry, nor could he convince his father to buy him a ticket to the concert.

little boy was so sad on not being able to go to the concert with pretty girl. :(

one day, he chanced upon this offer tt the newspapers were having - subscribe to the newspapers for a year and get a free ticket to the bon jovi concert! he must have thought tt it was almost god-sent! little boy pleaded with his father for days on end to subscribe to the newspapers initially to no avail, but eventually his dad relented and he got his ticket!

estatic he was. :) finally to be able to go to his first concert with the girl who meant all to him.

on the day of the concert he and pretty girl (still his crush, not his girlfriend) went excitedly and happily to the concert. but at the enterance he got stopped by the ticket counter! OMG! it turned out tt his free ticket from the newspapers was all the way BACK in the stadium, not like hers which was a more expensive ticket.

oh well. although little boy was slightly disappointed he thought it didn't matter cause they were essentially attending hte concert together. and yes, they had a splendid time singing all the songs belted out and just going wild with the crowd.

towards the end of the concert came the song, 'i'll be there for you'. tt was the high of the concert man... the boy just lost it and shouted out loud in the direction of the girl, "THIS SONG IS SO FOR YOU XXX!!!!!", bursting with passion and love for her.

she didn't hear it of course. but he knew it didn't matter.

soon the concert ended and because of the humongous crowd they didn't get to meet up and left for home seperately. tt night though they weren't sitting with each other, through the loud music and wild crowd, their hearts were still intricately connected to each other.

they both grew closer since that concert and were soon known to become an item in school and it was simply the most xing(4) fu(2) times of his life.

however as time passed and they got posted to different schools, the mundaneness of life overtook them and they lost contact with each other gradually.

well, time passed and they both grew up. one day they happened to meet each other! so exciting! they sat down and caught up with all the things in each other's life all these years. what happened during the concert all those years ago came up in their conversations and pretty girl got to know about what silly boy did during the concert and all the memories came flooding back.

then, silly boy began singing 'i'll be there for you' to her.

slowly.

*thoughts: somehow, it's the first crush/love tt is hardest to forget. memories always stem from tt first time. the first time u held hands; the first time u watched a movie; the first time u strolled in the park. the first time u gave all your heart away but never got it back. i looked through the lyrics of the song and played the mp3. but after a while i found it harder and harder to sing-along. well, i found those lyrics so so meaningful. something so close to my heart.

I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye
Well as my broken heart lies bleeding
You say true love its suicide
You say you've cried a thousand rivers
And now you're swimming for the shore
You left me drowning in my tears
And you won't save me anymore
I'm praying to God you'll give me one more chance girl

chorus: I'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you
When you breathe, I wanna be the air for you
I'll be there for you
I'd live and I'd die for you
I'd steal the sun from the sky for you
Words can't say what love can do
I'll be there for you

I know you know we've had some good times
Now they have their own hiding place
Well I can't promise you tomorrow
But I can't buy back yesterday
And baby you know my hands are dirty
But I wanted to be your Valentine
I'll be the water when you get thirsty baby
When you get drunk, I'll be the wine

I wasn't there when you were happy
And I wasn't there when you were down
Didn't mean to miss your birthday baby
I wish I'd seen you blow those candles out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home