Sunday, October 19, 2003

today is a very special day that i will always remember, cause i went up for an altar call at youth service and 1 leader laid hands on me(still don't know who). i was slain. it's was first experience of it. what's it like? u just feel like giving up all unto Jesus. 'lose control' of urself in a sense. u just tell urself 'hey, i give up', and receive the rest that Jesus is offering. and when i was lying on the floor i was just so touched by the presence and love of Jesus that i couldn't stop talking in tongues. just went on and on and the flow was just unending. u then disregard the things around you and this enclosure, sheath, tunnel, just comes around you, tt just seems to connect u with Jesus directly. u can really feel His arms around your heart and there's a sense of comfort and belonging and love. and even after i went back to my seat, i couldn't stop speaking in tongues. i just went on and on for quite some time after the music ended. it was simply amazing. simply amazing.

there was a sense of release that came. and at that moment i just knew that my problems were lifted from my shoulders. they were now no longer mine to carry, but the Lord's.

what was the altar call for? it was for people who felt anxiety in their hearts and also for people who needed healing. i needed both. and i'm so glad that God gave me the faith to go up there to receive. and i'm glad i did.

"My burden is light and My yoke is easy."

praise God.

the sequence of events on fri and sat have amazed me. during bs and youth service, the messages by both pastor and coach maddy were SO personalised to me and really spoke to me at my level. and they answered the questions i had in my mind. or rather God was the one who answered them. i knew in my heart that the message was for me. the altar call was for me. and God loved my so much tt He planned His plans for me to comfort and to help me grow in faith in Him and to KNOW that He loves me.

and i know He does.



could we with ink the oceans fill,
or were the skies of parchment made.
were every stalk on earth a quill,
and every man a scribe by trade.

to write the love, of God above,
would drain the oceans dry.
nor could the scroll, contain the whole,
though stretched from sky to sky.

the love of God how rich and pure,
how measureless and strong!
it shall forevermore endure,
the saints and angels' song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home